'Everything that you do, Everything that you have ever done, Everything that you will ever do, starts with a thought.'
Hypnosis is a naturally occurring state of mind which we all enter involuntarily many times each day.
Whether we are reading a captivating novel, floating off in a daydream or watching an engrossing TV show or film we are so often in a natural state of hypnosis. It is like that pleasant,warm relaxed state between sleep and wakefulness; it is what happens when we arrive at a destination after driving a well-known road, and can't really remember the journey. It is essentially a feeling of relaxation where our subconscious mind is best able to respond creatively to suggestion.
For thousands of years people have recognised the power of hypnosis or hypnotism to enhance learning, heal emotional scars, improve performance, change habits and speed the healing process. Hypnotherapists are trained to induce hypnosis to achieve this state quickly.
The Conscious and Subconscious Mind
We can consider our mind to be made up of two distinct parts. These we call The Conscious Mind and The Subconscious Mind. All modern research is shows that this conscious part takes up about 10% of the total mind. Therefore, about 90% of the total mind is the subconscious part. (To be really up-to-date, very recent research is indicating a 5% - 95% split !)
This is fascinating as the conscious part is the one we use when we are awake, communicating with others, analysing, making decisions, making judgements. This part is often called the Critical Factor. When we are asleep, this part switches off completely. However, the subconscious part never switches off, not even during sleep (or even General Anaesthetic for that matter). This is where the dreaming is done, where all things are possible - all confidence, all capabilities - all possibilities are here. This is where the archives are stored and this is where the habits and emotions live.
Whilst awake, we can't normally access the subconscious. As hypnotherapists, we induce hypnosis in our clients and in this state, the subconscious is exposed so that the we can get to the history and the habits. The conscious mind is still awake and aware of all that is being said and done but it stays out of the way - looking down from above as it were - able to pop back in at any time. So you will never do anything you normally would not.
There is no special feeling of being 'under hypnosis',- just a feeling of deep relaxation.
"If you change the way you look at things- the things you look at change" - Wayne Dyer
Hypnotherapy is the healing work - the therapy which we do whilst the state of hypnosis is present. Hypnotherapy means the use of hypnosis to help with a problem. The hypnotherapist communicates directly with the subconscious mind whilst the client is in hypnosis.Hypnotherapy can help clients to gain control over unwanted habits or problems; or to let go of old fears. It enables us to access a part of our mind which can implement beneficial changes in many areas of life.
Hypnotherapy can help with lots of things. Please click here to see if it can help you.